<% Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1 Response.AddHeader "Cache-Control", "must-revalidate" Response.AddHeader "Cache-Control", "no-cache" %> The Morning Oats - A Bitter Cruel Substitute: Some people just aren't good liars...

The Morning Oats - A Bitter Cruel Substitute

If you have a cruel link that you'd like to post, please use the "Add a Link" link below. As always, you can email me interesting subject matter at: my email address.
Add A Link 

Tuesday, December 7

Some people just aren't good liars...

Thanks to Foxie Moxie for finding this particular post that I was referring to. Maybe Horsie would like to elaborate on why he is so interested in what magazine I write for?

Looks like Horsey got his hooves tangled in Charlotte's web:

http://www.cruel.com/discuss/viewMessage.php/138797

Smitty/Roger :You're probably right. It's sailing related, Horse. Hence why I said you probably never read it.

Horse: I own an old Soling and am purchasing a pre-owned catamaran for use out on Long Island Sound next summer. You're right, wouldn't know a fucking thing....

editor's note: Anyone who sails knows that Catamaran's are not sailboats!

http://www.cruel.com/discuss/viewTopic.php/132946

Up my way, the Hudson River sloops are most beautiful. I had the opportunity to "crew" on one this past summer....Smitty:Gaff rigged sloop? Nice. ... Draws 8 feet...I'm assuming...centerboard down... Ours draws 6 with the board down...nboard in the stern?...You don't carry a diesel in the yawl boat, do ya?...Ours is in the push boat.

Smitt-onovich, I have no idea what in the hootin', hollerin' FUCK you are talking about. Nor do I have any idea how my "anima" alter-ego, Roger That, managed to dredge up such information from the bilge of my frontal and temporal lobes. But for the moment we shall assume that you actually are a real person so that I can "respond" to "you".

When I say I "crewed" on the fucking thing, that means I was a glorified tourist taking a ride on the fucking "Clearwater", ok? (I was also on the "Woodie Guthrie" a month or so earlier...nicer people run that boat). We had to do little things to make it feel like we were actually helping, like if the wind blew one way, or we were turning, we had to help move several pieces of wood and stand on another side of the boat, etc. We also had to listen to lectures and shit by nerdy little "sloop" enthusiasts who, had they actually lived in "sloop" times, would have been cast overboard by big, fishy-smelling bruisers, and used as bait for the (now endangered) sturgeon.

Here's Horsey's post admitting his blunder:


Posted by Horseonovich on 2004-12-07; 15:03:28 (message 138812; reply to 138804; 16 reads)

Oops, you caught me Rog. I dunno first thing about sailboats. I did like "Master and Commander" though .... I'd wager you did, too, but not necessarily for the boats (wink-wink you devil)



2 Comments:

  • Horse jesus christ holy shit on a stick!

    I know you aren't trying to find me in meatspace. JESUS. Your ego is getting out of hand.

    I simply used the post that Foxie had made in my log, into a blog entry. I assure you, had anyone else caught you in a lie, I would have posted it just the same.

    You know, variety is the spice of life...

    And Catamaran's are sailboats with training wheels.

    YEe Hee To You My Friend

    By Blogger Horsie Master, at 4:07 PM  

  • Hey Foxie -

    Thanks for the email. And since I can't reply at work, I hope you saved *your* email to me. Because here's my reply:

    First sentence with brief adjunct: Yes, yes...I quite agree. But you can never be to careful.

    Second sentence: I think I do now. Excellent! If I'm right about this...

    Third and separate sentence: Yes, yes you are 100% correct in this statement. The last 2 words - Indeed.

    By Blogger Horsie Master, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Morning Oats, Cruel, Horseonovich, Meg Kelso, Sean Klitzner, Meg Kelso, Sean Klitzner, Morning Oats, Cruel, Horseonovich, Meg Kelso, Meg Kelso